So this weekend, I'm at the mall as soon as they open on Sunday morning. We walk right up to see Santa (remember how I said I hate crowds?) My severe crowd aversion is the reason I get things done as early as possible. Plus I hate to procrastinate...I hate to leave things to the last minute. It's just not me. I like to get things done and check them off my list...you wouldn't believe the satisfaction I get from crossing things off my list. You want something done? Give it to a busy person.
Ok, I'm not trying to be naive here. I know it will not always be this way. But I will try my best to always keep it this way. I hate when there are things on my list that don't get done. It irks me in a deep place.
But one thing checked off my list! Here's our 2007 Santa picture...plus a retrospective:

And to Christmases past. Here's the kid last year with Santa. I think Santa might be pinching him:
And this is the kid's very first visit with Jolly St. Nick. You KNOW the kid is thinking, "What in the hell IS this?"
Just so you know, the outfit the kid is wearing in this year's photo is not what I envisioned. There's the cutest little black velvet blazer that goes along with it. I got it from BabyGap. But as I was struggling to get the kid into the button-up shirt and the blazer, he screamed, "NO! That's Daddy's clothes!" and refused to put them on. I finally wriggled him into the button-up because a topless Santa pic is just NOT going in our family album, but there was no way the kid would relent to the blazer. Sigh. And just for the record, Daddy would not be caught DEAD in a velvet blazer.
ETA - ok, I couldn't help it. Bonus pic. The kid needed a new diaper when we got home and refused to put his pants on after the diaper change (notice a pattern here?) So, a little "Risky Business" action going. Back when Tom Cruise was Tom Cruise and not Crazy McCruise. Anyone know where I can get Rayban Wayfarers for a 2 year old?
1 comment:
hee hee!! So cute. Love the Christmas retrospective too.
Post a Comment