So I've been meaning to start a blog for AGES. Well, maybe not ages, but at least 2 1/2 years. I have a 2 1/2 year old and while writing things down in a baby book may be more traditional, it simply doesn't fit in with my lifestyle. So I have 2 1/2 years of memories that will soon be forgotten if I don't get them down someplace...and since I'm in front of a computer for much of my day...I figure maybe blogging is my best bet. Especially since mommy-brain has taken over my once finely-tuned mind. Who knew that witty repartee and captivating conversation I once held with my husband and good friends would be replaced with questions like, "So, did the kid poop today?" or "Do you need a time-out?". Ah, the joys of family life.
I'm just putting out the disclaimer now...I am by no means a wordsmith. Don't come to this blog looking for witticisms on family, love, children or what not. Some may creep their way in there, but it's definitely not by design, it's by accident. Only because raising a kid is funny. In fact, it's really funny. I have to look at it that way or I'd go crazy. I'd have to talk myself down from the ledge 4 times a day if I didn't find the humor in my daily life. Hence the name of this blog. Those of you that know me should get the lame play-on-words. Quint-essential Chaos (I had to put the hyphen in there because someone else already has a blog with the same name). Absolute bedlam. Perfect imperfection. Elemental pandemonium. Welcome.
No comments:
Post a Comment