Friday, November 16, 2007

My poor baby...

is sick. I hate when the kid is sick. It's so sad. Thankfully, it's totally manageable, a cough, a sore throat, a runny nose. Last week he was vomiting, but that's all righted itself at this point. Only lingering cold symptoms. It's just that I feel so badly for him when he's not feeling well. As a parent, all you want to do is make him feel better and you just wish that you could be sick for him so he doesn't have to feel this way.

What's making this semi-tolerable, though, for mommy is the fact that the kid has finally learned to blow his nose! Hurrah! Joy to the World! Seriously, this is a milestone that is right up there with walking for me. No more of that blasted nasal aspirator. Both the kid and me HATED that thing. Mommy could never get it to work the right way. The kid ran, kicked and screamed from that thing because he was SURE it was sucking his brains out. I mean, how can you blame him?

But don't think that a tiny cold is going to slow the kid down. No sir, no how. He's still running, jumping and playing, getting into as much trouble as he can muster. Yesterday, my sister was babysitting him and he managed to get a whole bag of miniature marshmellows from the kitchen counter (I warned her about the counter-surfing!) He proceeded to empty the whole bag all over the living room floor. I'm sure he ate about 25-30% off the bag as well. What can you do?

No comments: