Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Here comes Peter Cottontail...

I simply cannot believe that Easter is this weekend. We're still listening to Christmas music in the car (heck, what are you supposed to do when the kid is SCREAMING to hear his favorite version of "Jingle Bells"? - plus, it's cute because he sings along). But so with the change of season, I enacted mommy's ubiquitous right to drag her child to the mall and take a picture with a frightening rendition of the icon of the appropriate season. Here's the 2008 edition:



and, for good measure (mostly because I like retropectives), here's a retrospective:

2007:



2006:



I would like for you all to appreciate the comparison to the retrospective of our Santa photos. For both Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny, the kid makes the progession from:

Year 1 - "Who/what the hell are you?"
Year 2 - "Oh my good GOD! Whoever/whatever this thing is, get me AWAY from it!"
Year 3 - Coy but cautious acceptance, only with the knowledge that this will be over soon.

Can't wait to see what year 4 season brings us. Of course, we will be doing it times 2.

No comments: