Thursday, March 27, 2008

Bits and pieces...

heard from the kid over the past few weeks. He is INCREDIBLY verbal right now. M and I can't believe we were ever worried about his verbal abilities. Seriously, you can't shut the kid up nowadays.

- While walking into daycare, I asked the kid if he wanted to wear his jacket. He paused, looked around and said, "Well, it's a little chilly." I'm suddenly the mother of an 83-year-old.

- While he brushed his own teeth last night (quite ineffectively, I might add), I reached out to take the toothbrush from him so that I could do a more effective job. He shoots me a look of daggers and says, "Mom, it's my turn, FOR A SECOND!" Really? When did the kid become a recalcitrant teenager?

- At Easter Sunday service, the priest, during homily asked the congregation to yell out "Alleluia!". The kid LOVED that and yelled it out at every prompting. Well, it's about 4 days past Easter and he's still yelling and feeling the "Alleluia!" (note - he pumps his fist in the air during such exclamation) Good for him. Maybe he'll save us all.

- While playing with his Thomas the trains and train tracks, the trains fell off track and the track went askew. He exclaims emphatically, "Oh NUTS!"

- While sifting through Easter candy and presents, every so often you'd hear a little voice mutter, "This sucks."

And how much of this should I blame on my parenting?!?!?

No comments: