Girls clothes, on the other hand, are SO much fun to make! And really cute to boot! Here's my first venture into little girlie clothing...a ruffle skirt and applique tee. It's actually MUCH simpler than it looks, and I think it came out so cute! I had this leftover fabric from a bag I made (got to get a picture of that) and it was just enough to tweak out a nice outfit. Anyway, I made this for the adorable daughter of a VERY good friend of mine. It felt good making something for a mama who so unselfishly gives of herself every minute of every day. She's going through a rough time right now and I just wanted her to know that EVERYONE else knows what a kind, loving, and UNSELFISH person she really is. Everything she does, like most mamas, she does for love of those that she loves. You're too cool, A. Really. Anyway, I can't WAIT to see this on K (hopefully it fits!):


Just for fun...here are some other projects I've done...I should actually try and collect pictures of all of them, as I end up giving a lot away as gifts.
Rag Quilt for a friend's newborn (different "K" than above):

I actually made the kid's costume this year. Just took a cheapo hoodie set from Target and sewed on some fleece. He was a honu:


Just wanted to add here...with Mother's Day and my birthday coming up, if any of my dear loved ones wonder what they might get me, I wouldn't be opposed to this.
2 comments:
My serger is, in fact, the 1034D and it totally rocks (I was fortunate enough to get it from Amazon during one of their rebate deals so it was dirt cheap). I hope some kind soul gifts you with this amazing machine because sewing apparel will be a million times more fun! ~Lam
You amaze me, my friend!!
Post a Comment