I began blogging. Truth be told, I suck at blogging as I can't seem to keep up, but I try. I ventured into this online experiment to capture the craziness of my every day life - if only as a veiled attempt to sharpen my weakened mommy brain. I meant it seize the hilarity of babe and toddlerhood...and to prove to my kids that mommy didn't make this shit up. (apologies to those of you who don't realize that I swear like a trucker - and my apologies to truckers everywhere for the sweeping generalization)
Anyway, it seems that I may have strayed from my original intentions. As I look back on a year of posts, it seems that this is not all about the funny things my kids say or do, but more about me. More about my thoughts, hopes, and other opinions that I want to pass on to my children. Like they don't hear enough about them. ;-)
That's ok. I've evolved. The blog has evolved. I want my kids to know that I'm not just mommy. When they are old enough to read and understand these words, I want them to know that mommy isn't just all about nagging them to wash their hands, or bugging them about their days at school...but that mommy has arbitrary thoughts, irrational fears, imprudent feelings and grandiose hopes. That mommy is, unbeknown to them, HUMAN.
And thanks to everyone who takes time to read this blog. Because really, why do so? I'm not that interesting. :P Most of all, thanks to my mommy friends that read and "talk" with me. You gals keep it real. Keep on keepin' on, mamas.
Although...as I celebrate my "blog-iversary" (I just made that up), I did want to share a memory that I will cherish forever...so I better write it down before I forget.
A month or so ago, I'm driving the kid to preschool. Well, every morning, we say prayers to thank God for all the blessings he brings in our lives. Our usual M.O. is that the kid starts off with a list of things that he is thankful for...it usually includes whatever he is holding in his hands, so it goes something like, "Thank you Jesus for my pillow, for Thomas the tank engine, for juice boxes". You get the gist. Well this particular morning, after rattling off a litany of toys, he finishes off with something that brought immediate tears to my eyes. He says, "...and thank you Jesus for baby (the babe's) smiles. They are so cute. I love my baby brother."
I love being a mother.
2 comments:
Yay for blogging and the awesome bloggers that drive them! Happy blog-iversary!
Oh, I love that little prayer your son said. Too cute and funny. :)
Post a Comment