The holidays are tough. My work schedule allows me to take about a week and a half off around the holidays due to campus closure, but honestly, those are the days that are the most hectic and stressful of the entire year! I do love the holidays, but I have to say, they take a toll on you. I couldn't wait to get back to work - if only to relax from my "vacation."
As if we didn't have enough going on over the past couple of weeks, we dipped our toes into the potty-training arena. It did not go well. And at this point, I'm perfectly ok with sending the kid to kindergarten in diapers. I had these grandiose ideas of going cold turkey and believing that the kid would be potty trained in 3 days. What in the hell was I smoking? Idealistic thoughts of a first-time parent.
So now we are back to work, the kid is back in daycare, and we are settling back into our routine. Thank the stars. I gotta say, I am definitely a routine person. I know that doesn't sound sexy...in fact, it makes me sound boring and fuddy-duddy. But I don't care. I love my routine. It keeps me going...let's me know that something is getting done. Less stressful than being on a so-called "vacation." To me, vacation equals chaos...and mama no likey.
I will attempt, in this new year (I don't do resolutions) to keep up with the blogging. To come out of the land of neglect. And, for my one fan, some pictures from the holiday season...please enjoy.
Every year on Christmas Eve morn, we head to Laguna Beach. We usually have a nice breakfast and take pictures on the beach. This year, however, we got a late start and ended up just having a late lunch. But here are some pictures:
This is cheesy, but I love it. Every year, we take a picture of the kid next to this miniature tree. I just like to see him grow every year. Please pay no attention to the "I might be constipated" smile on his face...when you ask the kid to smile this is what you get:

Building sand castles with mommy:


The tree and all the presents on Christmas morn:

Parking garage from Plan Toys - highly recommended! And a new bike!


and finally...the family shot:
1 comment:
Well, FINALLY!
C. received that Puky bike as well! T. calls it his "ghetto bike" because it has no pedals. ;)
This mama likey the routine as well!
Post a Comment